YARD OF THE MONTH
It's that wonderful time of year in Frisch Auf! & Bluff Haven, when everything is in bloom (or perhaps we should say "everything the deer haven't eaten", is in bloom). From April through October, of every year, a committee made up of your neighbors repeatedly assess all properties throughout the month, and at the end of each month, they designate the recipient and place a "Yard of the Month" sign in their yard and a picture is published in the Fayette County Record. Unfortunately, as of August 2020, there will be no further Yard of the Month designees since the Association currently has no volunteers to serve on the Yard of the Month Committee. If interested in serving on this committee, please contact Lori at (979) 966-9383.
If you've ever wondered how the yard of the month is chosen, following is the criteria taken into consideration by the Yard of the Month Committee:
- A well kept yard and trimmed shrubs (during periods of drought, a perfectly green yard is not mandatory)
- All pots have plants in them (remove empty pots)
- A neat front porch and patio area
- No cars or trailers parked in the yard (or any other visible violation of the deed restrictions)
- Property Owner must be current on their POA dues
2020 Yard of the Month Recepients
- April ~ None
- May ~ David & Mary Tauch - 314 Oak Bend Drive
- June ~ Brian & Brenda Killough - 207 Richard Road
- July ~ Seth & Mary Gunn - 318 Rolling Hill Drive
- August ~ None - Need volunteers for Yard of the Month Committee
2019 Yard of the Month Recepients
- April ~ Mary Lou Enloe - 102 Country Club Cr
- May ~ Mike & Suzie Shoppa - 215 Summit Dr
- June ~ Chip & Trina Rayburn - 213 Richard Rd
- July ~ Linda Morrison - 308 Rolling Hill Dr
- August ~ Scott & Sylvia Armstrong - 405 Oak Bend Dr
- September ~ Mike & Lisa Corker - 204 Lookout Dr
- October ~ Royce & JoAnn Friemel - 218 Richard Rd
2018 Yard of the Month Recipients
- April ~ Molly Graf - 102 Carmen Ct.
- May ~ Fritzi Kulhanek - 317 Rolling Hill Dr.
- June ~ William & Marlene Schneider - 113 Rolling Hill Dr.
- July ~ Janet Coronado - 207 Park Dr
- August ~ Juan Oviedo, Jr - 400 Rolling Hill Dr.
- September ~ Royce & JoAnn Friemal - 218 Richard Rd.
- October ~ Chester & Janice Johnson - 225 Summit Dr.
2017 Yard of the Month Recipients
- April ~ Cleo & Madeline Schneider - 209 Summit Drive
- May ~ Juan & Linda Oviedo - 211 Rolling Hill Drive
- June ~ David & Mary Jean Tauch - 314 Oak Bend Drive
- July ~ Joe & Lisa Caridi - 215 Richard Rd
- August ~ Peter & Martha Hamel - 616 Country Club Ct.
- September ~ Mike & Marlene Wallace - 212 Park Drive
- October ~ Nora Butler - 207 Summit Dr.
2016 Yard of the Month Recipients
- March ~ Nancy Wells - 315 Rolling Hill Drive
- April ~ Mike & Margie Turner - 204 Richard Rd
- May ~ Seth & Mary Gunn - 318 Rolling Hill Dr
- June ~ Ted & Barbara Wolfram - 404 Buckeye Trail
- July ~ Marie Allen - 114 Country Club Dr
- August ~ Mike & Janis Cannon - 619 Country Club Ct
- September ~ Faye Graeber - 229 Buckeye Trail
- October ~ Allen & Donna Faldyn - 311 Rolling Hill Dr
2015 Yard of the Month Recipients
- October - Guy & Rita Abbey - 205 Richard Road
- September - Dixon & Mary Lou McNair - 310 Valley View Drive
- August - Gene & Debbie Luhn - 208 Rolling Hill Dr
- July - Larry & Suzy Jackson - 311 Buckeye Trail
- June - Chester & Janice Johnson - 225 Summit Dr
- May - Bobby & Darlene Gilmore - 225 Rolling Hill Dr
- April - Fritzi Kulhanek - 317 Rolling Hill Dr
Deer Reduction Program
Doe counts will resume in August 2019, and the Committee expects to receive additional doe permits from the State for the Fall 2019 deer hunting season.
In order for the deer reduction program to continue, the Association needs volunteers to serve on this important committee. Individuals who are committed to the belief that the deer pose a real problem within our Association, are urged to contact our office for more information on becoming a member of the Deer Committee.
Frisch Auf! & Bluff Haven Entrances To Get a Much Needed Facelift
A new, backlit, Frisch Auf sign was recently installed at the main entrance on Park Drive at Rolling Hill Dr. The Board has been working on getting power to the sign. Also planned is to have lights on each of the columns on either side of that intersection, as well as the intersection of Park Drive at Chris Ct.