To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

How could I have used this much water?

You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Broken sprinkler heads and/or buried lines are often the cause of high usage.  Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

Why do I have black flecks in my water, or a black ring in my toilet bowl?

The black polypropylene washers found in most faucets react over time with the Chlorine used to disinfect the water, causing the washers to erode and disintegrate.  This same flexible, black polypropylene can be found in toilet tank stoppers and sometimes even household plumbing.  Replacing the toilet stopper with a hard plastic stopper can help eliminate this problem.

What chemicals does our utility district add to the water?

Only chemicals that are approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.  Specifically, our District uses chlorine, not chloramines, to disinfect and treat its water.

My water tastes, looks, and smells funny. Is it safe to drink?

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety.

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Where can I get a copy of the MHPOA Deed Restrictions?

A copy of the Deed Restrictions can be found under the Forms & Reports tab found on the Home Page of this website, or you can call the office to request a printed copy.

Do I need to notify the MHPOA if I'm changing the paint color of my home?

No, you do not need to notify us if you're changing the color of your home. 

When do I need to notify the MHPOA that I will be making structural changes to my home?

According to the MHPOA Deed Restrictions, you are responsible for notifying the MHPOA,  and obtaining a Building Permit from the MHPOA, only when you're going to be making EXTERIOR structural changes to your home.  Examples of such changes are:  installing a new or different type of fence than the one you currently have; converting a patio to an enclosed space; making an addition to your home; anytime you will be pouring concrete; placing additional structures on your lot (shed, carport, etc).  All EXTERIOR structural changes must be approved by the Architectural Control Committee prior to commencement of construction.   For planning purposes, please allow a month for the approval process.   If you're unsure whether you need to obtain a Building Permit, always err on the side of caution and contact the MHPOA office at (979)968-5514.  We will be happy to clarify matters and assist you with the process.

How do I obtain a Building Permit?

Building Permits are required any time you plan on making exterior structural changes to your home or lot, which include, but are not limited to, widening of your driveway, erecting or replacing a fence, making an addition to your home, adding a carport, placing a shed or storage building on your lot, etc. 

In order to obtain a building permit, you will need to complete and submit to the office a "Building Approval Request" form.  Included with this form will need to be cost of construction/bids, drawings, photographs, plats (if applicable) as well as your building permit fee.  For copies of the forms you will need, navigate to the Forms & Reports tabs from the Home Page of this website.

Once the appropriate documentation and payment has been submitted to the MHPOA office, your paperwork will be forwarded to the Architectural Control Committee for their independent review and approval.  From there, the paperwork will be forwarded to the MHPOA Board of Directors for their final approval at the next regular Board of Directors meeting.  After all approvals have been given, the office will notify you and generate a Building Permit.  This permit must be posted at all times at the construction site. 

As always, if you have any questions about this process, or need help completing the Building Approval Request form, please call or come by the office.